Monday, March 2, 2009

March block exchange

Since the guild meeting is this week, I figured I ought to get on with making this month's block exchange block. (If you're interested, you can read about how the block exchange works.)


This month was kind of cool. In the instructions, the owner said that she wanted to make an Amish-inspired sampler quilt. She included black background fabric and requested we use solid colors of our choosing for our blocks. She actually included patterns for a whole bunch of different blocks, and even said that we could go out and find our own if we were so inclined. All of the block patterns were printed from McCall's Quilting's online selection of free block patterns, including the one I made (pictured above), Crossing Ohio.

This block was a lot of fun to make, and I think it turned out pretty nifty. Hopefully, the recipient will like it too!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice piecing! One day I will be as good as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great block! Did you have go out and buy the solid orange and yellow? I do not have any solids in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. So dramatic and full of color and movement. Sounds like a fun exchange.

    ReplyDelete