Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: LS-7 & LS-8

Jane Stickle block LS-7Block number/name: LS-7 “Sally’s Steeple”

Date completed: October 17, 2010

Number of pieces: 14

Notes on block: Pretty! And it was fun to watch this one come together. I used the freezer paper/starch technique for the appliqué.

Meanwhile, I’ve also been putting together some chunks:

Jane Stickle chunks D9-F13 and K1-M3
It is a lot of fun seeing this quilt start to come together.





Jane Stickle block LS-8Block number/name: LS-8 “Northern Lights”

Date completed: October 19, 2010

Number of pieces: 17

Notes on block: I’m so glad I chose a dark fabric for this block. It has a great look to it. I used freezer paper/starch for prepping the melons and the center triangle. The tiny triangles were done freezer paper on top and finger pressed.

And now the left side triangles are complete!

And, in case you missed it-- there is still time to enter my giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. OMIGOSH! That is fantastic. I love to see it come together. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cool!!!! With everyone starting to complete there blocks I have been motivated to start working on mine again. But, alas, it will be awhile before I am done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Pretty! We should have a mini Dear Jane quilt show when we're done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really fun to see it come together. Are you doing the sashing by hand too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good. It is fun to look at each one on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you're so nearly done! Those blocks look great together. The variety of greens looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so pretty blocks, especially fussy cuts of LS-7. And I'm anxious to see your green beauties all together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, the dark green is perfect! And, Northern Lights is a good name for this block. Sometimes I just don't get the names.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's me again! Love the chunks and how great all the greens look together.

    ReplyDelete