Friday, June 12, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: TR-13

Jane Stickle block TR-13Block number/name: TR-13 “Eiffel Tower”

Date completed: June 9, 2009

Number of pieces: 19

Notes on block: This was a fun block to make. I’m not sure what it is I liked about it or why I enjoyed it so much, but I did. I completed this one on Tuesday evening, and have waited a little too long to write this entry. I can’t think of a single thing else to say about this block!

One thing I do remember about Tuesday… Our rule is that The Boy has to hold mama’s hand while in the street. He took my hand so we could cross the street and visit the park. But as soon as we actually stepped into the street, he let go of my hand. So I took his hand and said, “You have to hold mama’s hand when we’re in the street.” He looks at me, pushes my hand away and says “No!” He looked like he was going to make a break for it, but I grabbed his hand before he could make his escape. That was his first-ever, “No!” (And he has since repeated it many times!) Ah, the joys of toddlerhood!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear...I am sure my time is soon to come for that. Your block turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you just count your blessings that it took him this long! I think that was Vada's second word, after "uh oh".

    ReplyDelete