Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: H-7

Jane Stickle block H-7Block number/name: H-7 “Bennington Star”

Date completed: March 1, 2009

Number of pieces: 25

Notes on block: This was a nice, straightforward block. I really love this bright green, too. It makes me think of new growth. I’m so ready for Spring to arrive!

Most of this I put together last night as Keith and I watched Journey to the Center of the Earth (the recent one, with Brendon Fraser… very campy and fun). I finished up the block this morning. Lately, the Boy has had some independent streaks where he just wants to play on his own for a bit. On the one hand, this means I can get some chores done or even do a little stitching (like today). On the other hand, he’s my little boy—and he’s growing up so fast!

2 comments:

  1. Your Jane Stickle blocks are coming along nicely. Love the house block for Playtime. That is going to be a cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice block. I have the same fabric in red. (yours is green)
    My first born son was always by my side. I could not get a whole lot done and he did not take naps for very long either. But before you know it they are grown up and out of the house. Time does fly. I know I have said this before but enjoy every minute with your little boy.

    ReplyDelete