Monday, March 9, 2009

Autumn House - Block 2

Hooray! Last night I finished block 2 of the Bunny Hill Autumn House BOM.

Autumn House, block 2
I only received the block on February 20, but it feels as if it took a long time to finish. Must be all those leaves. I wish they were more uniform, but in nature, leaves are sometimes a little different too. So I guess it's okay. Most of the block I completed by needleturn using freezer paper on top. On the big, long straight-edged pieces (house, side, roof), I used freezer paper on top but pressed the seams under before stitching (in hopes of keeping the sides relatively straight). This worked pretty well, so I think I'll be using this technique again.

When I was in the 7th grade, I wrote a book report on an Agatha Christie mystery, Crooked House. That bit of randomness came to mind as I was pressing this block. Really, the house isn't that crooked... just a little askew, maybe. I think it has to do with the foundation and settling. It's an old house, you know.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better and back to your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job! I love how you did the windows. This is just too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I really like the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house is lovely. When I first looked at it I thought you had cut out appliqued some of the background fabric to the left side of the house. Then I clicked on it and I see that the prints are the same just in different color ways. Your leaves are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely block! Especially beautiful 'garland' on the door;) And leaves are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I have my 2nd block all prepped and ready to go...hopefully I'll get to work on it tomorrow, now that my remodel is done!

    ReplyDelete