Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: H-4 & H-5

Jane Stickle block H-4Block number/name: H-4 “Abbey’s Eyes”

Date completed: September 6, 2010

Number of pieces: 7

Notes on block: My first block in nearly a month! I just haven’t been very crafty lately. I keep hoping I’ll snap out of it and start feeling productive and motivated again. Finishing a block sure feels good. I used the freezer paper/starch technique for the diamond, but somehow I still managed to curve one edge. Maybe I’m just out of practice?



Jane Stickle block H-5Block number/name: H-5 “Michael’s Motorcycle”

Date completed: September 6, 2010

Number of pieces: 20

Notes on block: Two blocks in one night! Woo hoo! I’m not sure how I managed it. But I’ll take it! Now, if I could just get around to cutting out some more…

4 comments:

  1. You go girl! 2 blocks in one night is quite a feat.

    I had to strain my eyes to find the curve you were talking about in the first block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both look great.
    I do not see what curve you are talking about. Looks straight to me. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been feeling the same, I think when winter kicks in it may start to change.

    ReplyDelete