Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: J-1

Jane Stickle block J-1Block number/name: J-1 “Josepha’s Jonquil”

Date completed: June 23, 2009

Number of pieces: 6

Notes on block: This is one of the few blocks where I decided on the fabric long before I made the block. Now that it’s done, I kind of wonder what I was thinking. It’s not bad, but I probably should have taken a second look before diving in (particularly with regards to the surrounding blocks). I also wish my lines were a little straighter. I seem to do alright with straight lines on larger pieces, but these small ones always seem to curve on me. I did them with freezer paper on top, and pressed the seam allowances before basting. Maybe next time I’ll try with the freezer paper on the bottom, see if that works better for me.


  1. Since I can not see the blocks around it, I think the fabric looks great :)

  2. I think that block has the pieces so far. Quick and easy. Nice.

  3. I forgot a word in the last post, That block has the "least" pieces so far. My brain is working faster then my fingers. sorry about that.

  4. That has happened to me also. And why is it that you never notice it until you are finished!

  5. girl i gotta tell you, your blocks ALWAYS look awesome! I've been so impressed with the way you've just kept plugging along, and constantly finishing each of those intricate and beautiful blocks! I can't wait to see the finished project!!!