Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: K-5

Jane Stickle block K-5Block number/name: K-5 “Passing Through”

Date completed: October 10, 2010

Number of pieces: 12

Notes on block: Tonight was an inadvertently epic feast night. I got the October issue of Cooking Light in the mail this week and immediately found some recipes that I wanted to eat. Since my in-laws were planning on coming to dinner tonight, I thought it would be a great opportunity to try those recipes. I started cooking at 2. We ate at 6. Holy cow! That was not the plan. But, it was really, really tasty. On the menu:And for dessert, I made oatmeal cookies, a la Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (yum!).

So, tonight after the boys went to bed, I just needed to sit. Costumes will have to wait another night.

In other news: Look at this pretty block! It is happy.

215/225—only 10 blocks to go!

4 comments:

  1. That's the perfect fabric for that block. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty block! And wov - you are so close to the end;) I have totally lost my DJ -inspiration, but maybe next year I'll get it back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner sounds so yummy. I am sure everyone it enjoyed it all very much, I know I would. Great block.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to try the risotto that sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete