Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: LS-9

Dear Jane block LS-9Block number/name: LS-9 “Kiwi”

Date completed: September 27, 2008

Number of pieces: 8

Notes on block: Nearly caught up now! If I'm lucky, maybe I'll be up-to-date by the time the next block is posted. This one is all reverse applique, as suggested by Anina. She's decided that reverse applique just seems to be more accurate, and I have to agree. I'm not sure exactly why it would be any more accurate, but it sure feels that way. It's all good though, because I enjoy doing it. I had a tough time deciding on fabric for this one, but went with the little leaves just because. I'm starting to be more concerned about value. Since I'm doing all greens, I want to try and be sure to have a nice balance of light, medium, and dark fabrics (though, I guess the background may count as light?). I think the fact that I'm using every hue of green (from near yellow to teal) is complicating things too. Frighteningly, I may actually need to go out and get more green fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment