Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: L-3

Dear Jane block L-3Block number/name: L-3 “Reflections Abound”

Date completed: August 20, 2008

Number of pieces: 21

Notes on block: This one looks much prettier in person. I’ve been trying to find ways to integrate two greens into some blocks. I maybe wish the solidish one was a little lighter, but it is what I had on hand. I think it will work well enough. This one was a nice straightforward block to piece. After two easy ones in a row, I have a feeling the next one will be a doozie.

I started work on this one two nights ago during the Olympics and finished it today while watching the latest BBC production of Sense and Sensibility as the boy napped. It was a very nice and relaxing afternoon. I love Jane Austen.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane Austen is the best! My DH bought me the full book with all her works & I can't tell you the number of times I've read those books! :) The block looks awesome by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a doozie. Have you checked it out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the fabrics you picked for this block. They really suite the pattern.

    ReplyDelete