Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: B-9

Dear Baby Jane block B-9Block number/name: B-9 “Tinker Toy”

Date completed: May 7, 2008

Number of pieces: 13

Notes on block: I kept going round and round in my head about these fabric choices. I knew I loved the stripe, but wasn’t sure I’d love it in the corners. Inspired by Jane Weston’s block in the Dear Baby Jane Flickr pool, I went ahead and used 3 colors, one of which is my first repeated green in the quilt (I also used this dark green Moda marble as an accent in B-4). At first I wasn’t sure I liked it. When I looked at it this morning though, I felt really happy about it. So yay!

1 comment:

  1. Robin, This may be one of my favorites so far, because of your creative use of fabric/color. When I first saw it, I thought "what block is this?, I don't recognize it". Ahhh, but now I see! It takes on a whole new character and I love it! Great work.

    ReplyDelete