Block number/name: E-6 “Michelle’s Medley”
Date completed: August 16, 2009
Number of pieces: 28
Notes on block: I think I’ve pushed the limits of “green” on this block. It’s really more of a green-tinged grey. But I think it will look okay in the overall scheme. It is still greenish.
I ran into trouble making this one. After I finished stitching, I was trimming out the background fabric behind the little appliqué squares (because that’s just what I do) when I accidentally cut through the appliqué fabric. Ooops! So off that square came, and I had to appliqué a new one. But I didn’t center it exactly where the previous one was, so it just barely covers the hole I had already trimmed in the background. I think it is okay, but I will need to remember to be gentle with this block in the future.