Sunday, August 16, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: E-6

Jane Stickle block E-6Block number/name: E-6 “Michelle’s Medley”

Date completed: August 16, 2009

Number of pieces: 28

Notes on block: I think I’ve pushed the limits of “green” on this block. It’s really more of a green-tinged grey. But I think it will look okay in the overall scheme. It is still greenish.

I ran into trouble making this one. After I finished stitching, I was trimming out the background fabric behind the little appliqué squares (because that’s just what I do) when I accidentally cut through the appliqué fabric. Ooops! So off that square came, and I had to appliqué a new one. But I didn’t center it exactly where the previous one was, so it just barely covers the hole I had already trimmed in the background. I think it is okay, but I will need to remember to be gentle with this block in the future.

3 comments:

  1. This one makes me think of winter! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really flying through these blocks! I am stuck in a time crunch making samples for my class, so I haven't had any time for Dear Jane. However I do keep my DJ fabrics on my cutting table so that I can look at them longingly as I work on other things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think this is one of my favorites so far! it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete