Thursday, November 19, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: L-6

Jane Stickle block L-6Block number/name: L-6 “Maze of Madness”

Date completed: November 18, 2009

Number of pieces: 47

Notes on block: I LOVE this block. I think it is so pretty. Construction was very slow. Forty-seven pieces = a LOT of seams! I’m also really proud of this block. I think I did a good job maintaining straight seams throughout (the bowing in the picture is entirely due to my poor photography skills). When the pieces finish at ¼” wide, keeping them straight is so important, and it can really be a challenge. Only three seams had to be unsewn in the making of this block. Woo hoo!

5 comments:

  1. It's lovely! Congratulations on hand piecing all those little pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job! The thin little piece of fabric can be very hard to keep straight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 47 pieces! holy cow! way to go! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That came out fantastic! You did such a great job. I think I have that green fabric.

    ReplyDelete