Friday, August 14, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: LS-10

Jane Stickle block LS-10Block number/name: LS-10 “Megan’s Cathedral”

Date completed: August 13, 2009

Number of pieces: 22

Notes on block: I actually tried piecing the bottom section with those tight inset seams. It didn't work out too well. So I changed course and went with appliqué. But I'm really proud of myself for having given it a try.

Not only do I love the look of this block, but its name is great too. Last weekend, my sister-in-law, Megan, returned home after more than 7 months in New Zealand! We went and saw her when she returned home and celebrated her birthday together. It was so wonderful getting to see her after so long. Welcome home, Megan!!!

I’ve had a couple questions in the comments recently to which I have been unable to respond because they are set to “no-reply” in Blogger. So I thought I’d address them here:

Have you tried laying the blocks out around each other yet?
Nope! Not yet, both because of lack of space and also lack of time. But I do update my virtual design wall (example below) every time I finish a block (though I generally only share it on here once every couple months, after I’ve completed a decent number of blocks). That design wall is so helpful! I actually reference it every time I choose fabrics for a block now.

How many blocks are there left in the whole quilt?
There are 225 different pieced blocks in the quilt (169 center squares, 52 triangles, and 4 corner kites). I’ve completed 133 so far. So I guess that means I have 92 left. Woo hoo!

my virtual Jane Stickle design wall

6 comments:

  1. Your quilt is going to be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're continuing to make great progress. Nice job on this block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really coming along!

    I hate Y seams and will choose to applique if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting block. I never realized there were so many blocks in that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice one! Love the green fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the patchwork of green looks stunning on the photograph ... this is really getting exciting to see you've come so far!

    ReplyDelete