Friday, August 22, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: H-8

Block number/name: H-8 “Eaton’s Crossroads”

Date completed: August 22, 2008

Number of pieces: 39

Notes on block: This one was a serious doozie! It took a long time, but it came together well. I decided to piece the inner square frame to look more like the original (that, and to make lining up pieces a little easier). I pieced the center section, pieced the frame, reverse appliquéd the frame onto the center, trimmed everything to size, and then pieced all the outer corners and attached them. Phew! And somehow, by the end everything ended up square. (Not that you can tell by my horrible picture... but it is square. Really.)

As I stitched I watched more Olympics coverage, but I also watched a couple of Bravo shows, including the latest episode Shear Genius and the premiere episode of Tabatha’s Salon Takeover. Guilty pleasures.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So many tiny little squares, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That block does look like it would take a long time, I admire your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seriously considering dropping out. I just don't have the time or desire but this last block Anina put up today I might do. Your H8 is amazing. I really admire your work.

    ReplyDelete