Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: L-5 & D-5

Jane Stickle block L-5Block number/name: L-5 “Chattanooga Charlie”

Date completed: July 6, 2009

Number of pieces: 22

Notes on block: What makes this block special is the fabric. This pretty garden print was gifted to me by my friend Evelyn. Thanks, Evelyn!

While stitching this one up, my husband and I listened to the audio version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. We just love the audio versions of the Harry Potter series. The reader, Jim Dale, is just amazing and truly captivating. Unfortunately, we’re nearly done now, and I’m feeling pretty sad. I’m going to miss Harry Potter!



Jane Stickle block D-5Block number/name: D-5 “Cathedral Window”

Date completed: July 6, 2009

Number of pieces: 21

Notes on block: I’ve been productive lately! This is the second of two blocks completed last night, and now I’m finally caught up with the group again. Hopefully, now that I’m caught up, I’ll be able to keep up! As for the block… it is simple and pretty. I really like this soft green print, and seemed like a great block in which to showcase it.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty blocks. You are moving right along.
    That is a great idea to listen to audio books. I might try that. There isn't a whole lot on TV worth watching during the afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop! Good job on getting caught up! I love that you used that fabric I found. :-) And I love the fussy-cutting on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. D-5 turned out BEAUTIFUL! You are right the fabric works great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a green person, but I love your fabric choices for these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how many blocks are there left in the whole quilt?

    ReplyDelete