Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: K-9, LS-3, M-5

I managed to complete some Stickle blocks over the weekend...

Jane Stickle block K-9Block number/name: K-9 “Scout’s Honor”

Date completed: April 1, 2010

Number of pieces: 21

Notes on block: It’s hard to believe it has been 2 weeks since completing my last block. Exhaustion has set in and I have a hard time staying up past 10 now, really limiting my stitching time. On the one hand, it would probably be good for baby to hang out and cook a little longer. On the other hand, I’m feeling ready to meet baby! My due date is 3 weeks away now. Hopefully, I won’t have to wait quite that long. :)



Jane Stickle block LS-3Block number/name: LS-3 “Connie’s Brownies”

Date completed: April 2, 2010

Number of pieces: 16

Notes on block: This was a fun block to put together and it went together very quickly. A great combination! I probably should have spent a little more time prepping the melons, but I was in a hurry. They aren’t too bad, but I know I could do better. Right now though, I’m just excited to have another block done!



Jane Stickle block M-5Block number/name: M-5 “Mother’s Point”

Date completed: April 5, 2010

Number of pieces: 18

Notes on block: Oof. I think I overdid it today. The boy and I spent 3 hours at the children’s museum, I did lots of chores (including finally getting my hospital bag all packed), and then I topped it off by making a few casserole dinners to freeze for us to use once baby arrives. It was quite a relief to finally take a sit this evening with some stitching. And now, it is time for bed!

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmm baby or Dear Jane? I vote BABY!

    She will come when she is good and ready. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you fussy cut M-5. I just got done copying all of the patterns to freezer paper. No more tracing for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're certainly moving along faster than I am with the DJ quilt. I need to get moving on that.
    You need to rest a little because soon there won't be time for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful 'babies', Robin! Take care of yourself and your new one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blocks! Time for you to slow down. Anina is correct about soon there will be no time to rest.

    ReplyDelete