Monday, July 27, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: G-2 & J-6

Unfortunately, it was just too hot to do any sewing upstairs (think sauna hot!). So, no progress on any actual quilting. But, I did get a couple Stickle blocks done...

Jane Stickle block G-2Block number/name: G-2 “Mohawk Trail”

Date completed: July 24, 2009

Number of pieces: 28

Notes on block: The fabric for this block came from my friend Cindy. She knew I was looking for more greens and generously offered up swatches from her stash. How cool is that? And I just love how this particular fabric looks in this block. I really like this block a lot and I’m pretty happy with how I executed it too… nary a point cut off!

I did most of the work on this one on Thursday night, and then finished it up Friday afternoon.



Jane Stickle block J-6Block number/name: J-6 “Granny Weaver”

Date completed: July 24, 2009

Number of pieces: 25

Notes on block: I love the look of the white fabric in this block—kind of like tree bark. It seems appropriate with the leaves. The green fabric is an oldie but a goodie. It is from a 2” strip I had remaining from my third quilt, made back in 1998. A little blast from the past:

me with some Happy OttersHere I am with my third quilt, Happy Otters. I gave to my best friend’s mother, who was pretty much my second mom (also known as Mom²). (Sorry for the image quality... picture of a picture-- but the quilt really was rather blindingly bright.)

6 comments:

  1. More great blocks. Your 3rd quilt is pretty great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric combo in J-6! And good job on your points :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya on the heat. My sewing room is off limits after 11am.

    You and your third quilt are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of you with your 3rd quilt! I wish I had some pictures of my first quilts. They were all made as gifts and back then I didn't think to take pictures of them. Great DJ blocks, too. You inspire me to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new blocks. Great job! The picture of you and your third quilt are priceless. I remember when that fabric was popular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you did a great job on that quilt and it was only your third? :) in vegas it's been around 110 and it really has killed all the sewing time ... mainly because the kids are ALWAYS indoors and make it impossible to sew.

    ReplyDelete