Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: B-11

Dear Baby Jane block B-11Block number/name: B-11 “Melissa’s Cross”

Date completed: May 16, 2008

Number of pieces: 21

Notes on block: I'm feeling kind of proud of this block. Because the one in the Dear Jane book and the software was significantly different than the actual Jane Stickle block, I went ahead (as others have) and redrafted it. I used Electric Quilt 5, and it was kind of a challenge for me because I hadn't tried creating my own blocks before. But I think it worked out really well as the completed block looks very similar to the one in the original quilt. And I think my handpieced curves even look pretty good. Yay!

This has felt like such an unproductive week. The busy-ness has been overwhelming me toward inactivity. So rather than actually accomplish anything, I read trashy fiction. I finished one book, and read two others. And I only completed this one Dear Jane block.

To itemize: I still have another DJ block, my Star Quilt Along block, a laptop case that needs to be created this week (ugh… I’m sure I’ll have more to say about that later, for now I'll just say that it fills me with trepidation even thinking about it), “Fairy Flight” to finish (because baby Grace was born on Thursday, May 15th!!!), and (of course) all of the miscellaneous other projects I want to complete, and the other ones I want to start. In addition, I’m volunteering for PEPS as a group leader, and my group starts on Tuesday—and I’m trying not to go crazy about that (I’m also starting to feel nervous, though I’m excited about it too). On the bright side, the big freelance project I was working for is done (huzzah!)—so I at least don’t have that hanging over me any more. But right now, I’m just feeling tired.

4 comments:

  1. You should be super proud. Mine isn't half as good, but who's comparing? You do inspire me. I'm just happy to be along for the dear jane (rough) ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the block. My, you're a busy bee. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW! The perfection of your block is now my new goal!! Have fun with all the babies - that portion of their lives goes by so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love yours. It looks the most accurate and I wanted to make this one look like Jane's. I'm falling behind on my DJs. Any chance you could share your block with me?

    ReplyDelete