Block number/name: A-1 “Pinwheel Gone Awry”
Date completed: July 15, 2008
Number of pieces: 28
Notes on block: It took me two evenings to piece this one together… so many seams, and so many points to be concerned about! I think I did okay. The only part that is nagging at me is the center. When you look closely, it is just not very pretty. On the bright side, because of the high contrast between the green and white, it seems to look pretty good from a distance.
I almost wish I had taken the time to redraft this one. I really like the look of the original with the center pinwheel that kind of bows outward on the sides as opposed to being square. But I’m behind enough on my blocks without taking extra time to re-invent the wheel.
Block number/name: A-2 “One-Two Buckle My Shoe”
Date completed: July 16, 2008
Number of pieces: 45
Notes on block: I’m really glad I took the time to piece the inner white rectangles (as was done in the original). The effect really is lovely. Like A-1, this one also took me two nights, though it actually felt as if it came together faster and better than that block even though it had a lot more pieces. Of course, fussy cutting all of the green triangles took a good amount of effort. But again, the result was worth it. I’m really happy with this one!
Even though I'm a little behind on my Dear Jane blocks, I've been making lots of progress on other projects. The top is complete for the baby quilt I started over the weekend and the batting is washed and ready so I can baste tonight. I also completed all the setting blocks for the Star Quilt Along and have cut all the sashing strips. Yay, progress! :)