Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: TR-3

Dear Jane block TR-3 Block number/name: TR-3 “Checkerboard”

Date completed: October 10, 2008

Number of pieces: 31

Notes on block: For this block, I really wanted to use a stripe. And I wanted it to be a pretty dark green. So this fabric was perfect. Too bad my seams weren’t as perfect. It’s a little off. The block will work fine (though I’ll probably lose the points at the tip), so it’s all good.

Last night was a difficult evening. The Boy just did not want to go to sleep. He was wide-eyed and bushy-tailed until nearly 11:00. We tried teething tablets, drinks of water, many, many stories, cuddling, singing, walking, and crying it out. I finally ended up bringing him downstairs with me to sit in front of the television for a bit. We started watching the PBS documentary Krakatoa. After about 20 minutes, the Boy was ready for bed. So I finished watching it on my own while stitching this block. It was good quiet time. With a volcano. And I stayed up way too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment