Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: K-8

Dear Jane block K-8Block number/name: K-8 “Springbrook Park”

Date completed: June 9, 2008

Number of pieces: 23

Notes on block: Such a pretty, soft green. I really like this fabric! Nothing tricky about this one—just lots of care with all the various seams. The Dear Jane software cuts off the edges of triangular pieces. On the one hand, it makes it very, very easy to line up triangles exactly where they are supposed to meet (which can sometimes be very tricky). But on the other hand, the finished block often ends up with funky little triangular divots where seams end. It won’t matter in the finished product, because they’re all well within the seam allowance. But it just makes the block not look as pretty as it would otherwise.

I’m getting anxious…now that I’m caught up, it’s feels like a long wait between blocks! But I’m wary of working ahead much because I don’t want to burn out. I’ll instead try and distract myself by working on some hexagon flowers.

2 comments:

  1. This one looks great! I'm also so jealous that you're caught up-- I have a looooong way to go to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty block!

    ReplyDelete