Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: D-8

Jane Stickle block D-8Block number/name: D-8 “Dee Dee’s Delight”

Date completed: October 21, 2009

Number of pieces: 9

Notes on block: It seemed high time to try another block with two green fabrics. I was trying to decide what to do, and fell in love with this combination. The appliquéd melons get a little lost because they are so light, but I’m still happy with the end result.

Meanwhile, I continue to make progress on Logan’s Halloween costume. The body is complete, and I have the hat and feet to go. I think it’s going to be pretty cute!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty! How do you get those points so sharp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this block a lot. The middle fabric almost looks like lace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, that is a very pretty combination! Carrie's right about the fabric that looks like lace.

    ReplyDelete