Thursday, October 15, 2009

Autumn House - Block 7

Doh!!! I've been so good and careful up to this point. But, alas, I finally goofed big on this one.


The finished block is supposed to be 12" x 14". And that's what I cut it to. And about 5 seconds after I trimmed the second side, I realized that the block's unfinished size should be 12.5" x 14.5". Sigh. Fortunately, I kept my scraps along the way for this BOM, and was able to find some extra to piece at the top and side. I think the top won't even be noticeable after quilting. The side on the other hand... I'm hoping that it just will kind of fit in with the sort of scrappy background feel of the quilt. I'm thinking that when I complete the block in the opposite corner, I'll add a strip on its outside edge for balance. We'll see.

Other than that-- Yay! I finished another block in my Autumn House quilt! This one is titled, "A Crow Came to Visit!"

8 comments:

  1. What a bummer, but like you said I think it will go as well. It is pretty though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when that happens! It's a cute block and your thought to put a strip on another block is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a bummer! But, it looks very nice and I am sure you will work something out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I did that with two of my Veranday View blocks but I just made the sashing a tad bigger and you really can't tell. Boy was I mad at myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks wonderful!! your house is warm and charming.. there is a reason for everything.. you will have your own unique quilt..Carrie had a great idea with the sashing cut.. I will have to remember that for the next time I "goof"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even count how many times I have done that.

    Your block came out great! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your fix will work out fine. The block looks great. I really like the fabrics that you picked for the crow!

    ReplyDelete