Friday, November 5, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: RS-3

Jane Stickle block RS-3Block number/name: RS-3 “Epicenter”

Date completed: November 3, 2010

Number of pieces: 20


Notes on block: I love the name of this block. Not only does it seem to fit the block well, but it makes me think of natural disaster movies. I love natural disaster movies! My guilty pleasures include Armageddon, The Core, 2012, and The Day After Tomorrow. The key elements: over-the-top disaster scenarios, a sense of humor, massive special effects showcasing the awesome power of the given disaster, and happy endings. I especially love happy endings.

Other than this block, not much crafting has been going on this week. I’ve been sick, so my spare moments over the last few days have been focused on rest. I’m feeling better today—so maybe there will be another block in my future tonight!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! I love the circle and crosshairs, it's really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This block turned out great. It looks pretty hard. I guess this hand piecing thing really does make it easier. Maybe I will prep a block this weekend. You may have just inspired me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice block, it looks difficult. I also had a look at your Autumn quilt, it is absolutly gorgeous, congratulations on your finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The name does fit it really well. I love the color green you picked for this one.

    ReplyDelete