I finally took down my nativity quilt! (Please don't judge me... I just didn't have another quilt to replace it, so I didn't want to take it down and stare at a blank wall all year.) It has now been replaced by this:
This much more seasonally appropriate little wallhanging was made from a pattern by Pieces of My Heart called, "Crazy Jack." It was super quick and easy to make. The front is made entirely from one charm pack of "Pumpkins Gone Wild" by Sandy Gervais (it used 44 charm squares plus a little extra for the nose).
After making the front, there was one charm square remaining. I used it to make the label. I was able to pull the binding and backing from my stash. You can get a glimpse of the backing behind the label above. It is a fun Michael Miller print.
Here it is on it's spot on the wall. The hanging rod is fixed, so a regular sleeve wouldn't work. I added three button tabs to the top edge of the quilt to use for hanging.
A couple of nights ago, Keith and I carved up our pumpkins. Mine was inspired by "Crazy Jack." So I had to take a picture: