Thursday, October 7, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: J-5

Jane Stickle block J-5Block number/name: J-5 “John Jacob’s Windmill”

Date completed: October 7, 2010

Number of pieces: 13

Notes on block: Every time I look at the name of this block, that one song runs through my head:

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt,
That's my name too.
Whenever I go out,
The people always shout,
There goes John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.
Dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah


I guess there could be worse songs on repeat in my brain.

After the 53-piece monster block, this one came as a nice relief. I pieced all of it. The inset seams weren’t even bad.

Counting down: only 3 center blocks left to go! (And now I have another song running through my head...)

5 comments:

  1. Now I have that song running through my head! LOL!!

    I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept thinking there was something familiar about that block name. Seriously.
    And now, the song is my head too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are moving right along with your Jane blocks. It must be exciting to almost be done with the center.

    ReplyDelete