Thursday, October 7, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: J-5

Jane Stickle block J-5Block number/name: J-5 “John Jacob’s Windmill”

Date completed: October 7, 2010

Number of pieces: 13

Notes on block: Every time I look at the name of this block, that one song runs through my head:

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt,
That's my name too.
Whenever I go out,
The people always shout,
There goes John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.
Dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah


I guess there could be worse songs on repeat in my brain.

After the 53-piece monster block, this one came as a nice relief. I pieced all of it. The inset seams weren’t even bad.

Counting down: only 3 center blocks left to go! (And now I have another song running through my head...)

5 comments:

  1. Now I have that song running through my head! LOL!!

    I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept thinking there was something familiar about that block name. Seriously.
    And now, the song is my head too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like inset seams :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are moving right along with your Jane blocks. It must be exciting to almost be done with the center.

    ReplyDelete