Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: H-6

Dear Jane block H-6Block number/name: H-6 “Pie Sale”

Date completed: August 10, 2008

Number of pieces: 21

Notes on block: I’ve been on a Dear Jane break the last couple of weeks as Anina is on vacation and hasn’t been posting new blocks. So I kind of took my time on this one and stitched it over the course of a few days, a little bit here, a little there. I reverse appliquéd all of the pies, and then stitched all of them together. Nice and simple. I picked the fabric because I liked the little circles all through it and how they kind of resonate with the curves of the block.

I’ve been obsessed with the Olympics the last few days. I watched the opening ceremonies and was in awe of the scale and precision involved with all of the various aspects of the production (and that field-sized LCD screen was crazy!). Then over the last two nights, we’ve been following the swimming, diving, and gymnastics. It’s really hard to stitch while watching events like these, because I really want to watch and focus on the details of each performance. So I pretty much stitch during commercial breaks. Kind of slow going, but so worth it.

3 comments:

  1. I've been having a hard time making things too! Those opening ceremonies were stunning and then the whole Michael Phelps/womens gymnastics thing is just too fun to watch! :) Love the block!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go again! Its perfection. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm b-a-a-a-a-c-k!
    I know, those Olympics are no good for needlework.

    ReplyDelete