Sunday, April 25, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: BR-3

Jane Stickle block BR-3Block number/name: BR-3 “Attic Window”

Date completed: April 24, 2010

Number of pieces: 14

Notes on block: I’m really pleased with how this block came out, but I feel a little cheater about how I went about it. Maybe I should have tried piecing it with all those inset seams, but it just sounded too tough. So I went with appliqué everywhere but in the narrow band of triangles near the bottom. Though I love the look of this fabric (especially the pretty gold gingko leaves!), I really wish I knew which direction the characters are supposed to go. Though I seriously doubt anyone is going to be attempting to read them, so it probably doesn’t matter.

8 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I guess since you're posting, that means no baby yet, huh? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fabric! it is a beautiful block(triangle).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a cheater too then. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby? if so when...you keep well...now to the post...I love your block - how many are you up to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's another gorgeos one, love that shade of green. Somehow I thought you were overdue but now I understand, you just want it out already, lol. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheating? I don't think there's such a word where Baby Jane's are concerned. What matters is how it looks and it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete