Block number/name: BR-3 “Attic Window”
Date completed: April 24, 2010
Number of pieces: 14
Notes on block: I’m really pleased with how this block came out, but I feel a little cheater about how I went about it. Maybe I should have tried piecing it with all those inset seams, but it just sounded too tough. So I went with appliqué everywhere but in the narrow band of triangles near the bottom. Though I love the look of this fabric (especially the pretty gold gingko leaves!), I really wish I knew which direction the characters are supposed to go. Though I seriously doubt anyone is going to be attempting to read them, so it probably doesn’t matter.