Monday, June 16, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: H-11

Dear Jane block H-11Block number/name: H-11 “Piercing Rays”

Date completed: June 13, 2008

Number of pieces: 16

Notes on block: I almost re-did this one because I was so unsure about the green I chose. This is mostly because it is one of those Jinny Beyer “Millennium” fabrics with the text “2000” scattered all about. Fortunately, I was able to get all those text areas in seam allowances—so the finished block won’t have any weird text showing. But I look at the completed block today, and it’s not so bad. I look at the tiny image above, and I even like it. So I guess it has worked itself out. This is good because I really don’t want to re-make this one. It was tricky. Blocks like this one are a good argument for hand piecing. I can’t even imagine how difficult doing it by machine would be.

I actually had to take a mini-break while stitching this one to watch the latest BBC production of Jane Austen’s Persuasion. I wanted to be able to focus my full attention on the film. It was a wonderful adaptation. Hopefully, Netflix will see fit to send me the recent Sense & Sensibility soon too. I’m just a Jane Austen junkie!

2 comments:

  1. That is simply beautiful. And I think the green is VERY nice. Jane languishes in my applique basket - I just don't get there often enough. I have been trying to improve my hand-work skills, but it is still a long road. Alas.

    Good wishes,
    Marne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting behind on these. Lovely job and the fabric is great. Don't redo!

    ReplyDelete