Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: B-8

Dear Baby Jane block B-8Block number/name: B-8 “Water Lily”

Date completed: May 6, 2008

Number of pieces: 12

Notes on block: While my mom was visiting on Friday afternoon (and the boy was napping), we sat together at the kitchen table and chatted. I also pieced the background for the block. She asked about the project I was working on, and I had fun telling her about the Jane Stickle quilt and the Dear Baby Jane quilt-a-long, and I got to show off my blocks. It was fun getting to share my project with someone in real life—particularly my mom. Unfortunately, I didn’t manage to complete the block until this evening. Once again, our house has been beat down by illness (thankfully, at least the boy has been spared this time around!). As a result, everything is a little behind, including Dear Jane.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Robine your block is so beautiful! I can't believe how great it looks in that fabric. I struggle with my baby jane so much. I'll have to look to you for inspiration. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. It really uplifted me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, It is so nice to get back and be able to take some time seeing what one of my favorite blogger/Baby Jane buddies is up to. Your blocks look beautiful! I can't wait to see more of it with the green and white. Green is such a powerful and emotional color, and I think your blocks are really expressing that.
    And......I finally got to see some pics of the boy. What a little man you have, and so well dressed! I hope you are all feeling better. Love Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, can you remember what that fabric is called or where it's from? I'd love to put some in my quilt. -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the kind comments!

    Anne-- the fabric is from the Aunt Grace Scrap Bag collection from Judie Rothermel for Marcus Brothers. It says c2005 on the selvedge. I purchased it at a local quilt shop, Keepsake Cottage Fabrics. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! I just realized what block this comment is under (how sad is that?). The Aunt Grace fabric I reference above is used in block B-9.

    Anne-- I'm so sorry-- I have no idea where that wonderful lime green leafy ombre fabric came from. It's been in my stash for a few years. This is what the selvedge says: "The Marblehead Rose Collection #2991 by Ro Gregg for Northcott"

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful! I love the fabrics and the star in the middle looks like it is "shinning".

    ReplyDelete