Friday, February 6, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: I-2

Jane Stickle block I-2Block number/name: I-2 “Kaye’s Courtyard”

Date completed: February 5, 2009

Number of pieces: 13

Notes on block: I should have been a little more careful with my seam allowances on this one. It took some fudging to make it all fit together. But, fit together it does. Once again, the iron is my friend! I also really love this green and gold print—so pretty and elegant. I found it at Quilt Festival back in October.

cornerstone optionI recently bought fabric for sashing (I got 3 yards… I’m really hoping that will be enough!). Now I just need to figure out what I want to do. I’m pretty sure I want cornerstones. I just don’t know what I want them to look like. One option I saw made up in the That Quilt flickr group was a simple square-in-a-square (like the one at left) that looked very pretty. But, there is a lot going on already in this quilt, so maybe a plain square would look better. Decisions, decisions.

2 comments: