Thursday, February 5, 2009

February guild night

Tonight is my quilt guild's first meeting in the new year. Yay! The challenge quilt deadline has moved to next month because they were able to schedule a speaker for tonight's meeting, author Cassie Barden. She has a new book out with some really fun looking projects. I'm looking forward to learning more.

And with another guild meeting comes another block exchange block to complete:

D.O.'s block
This one included fabric and it was also very easy to put together. It's a really simple block, but I'm very intrigued about what the final quilt will look like because it has all these folded points. According to the instruction sheet, the plan is once the quilt is constructed, these folded points will somehow be stitched down and then create a "falling leaves" effect. It sounds like it will be pretty cool. Of course, with these fabrics (I think they are all from April Cornell's "Sonnet Collection" from Moda), it would be tough to go wrong in any case. They are just gorgeous!

3 comments:

  1. That is a very intersting block. Can you tell us how your block exchange works on another post? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really curious to see the final outcome. I wish there was a guild I could go to. They are all during the week when I have to work.

    ReplyDelete