Saturday, February 21, 2009

In with the new

The challenge quilt is complete! Hopefully, I'll be able to take some pictures tomorrow so I can share.

It is time for a quick and easy, instant gratification kind of project. Back in January, I had said I wanted to try and have a quilt to donate to Project Linus by the March workshop. So that's what I've decided to work on next. I don't know if I'll manage it, since the meeting is on March 1, but I'm going to give it a shot.

shark filled waters
These are the fabrics I've chosen. I'm using the Quick Strippie pattern I found at MaryQuilts.com. If you haven't visited her site before, this generous and big-hearted quilter has a wonderful array of free patterns she has designed for charity quilts. The Quick Strippie pattern is about as simple as it gets, but I think it is going to be great for showcasing the fun shark print.

Finishing a project and then getting to start something new... it's such a great feeling!

3 comments:

  1. Love the shark fabric. I love these quilts when I need to do something quick and easy and with a cute print, they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cool fabric. It will be great to use with that pattern. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete