Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: I-6

Jane Stickle block I-6Block number/name: I-6 “Viewer’s Choice”

Date completed: February 2, 2010

Number of pieces: 9

Notes on block: I used freezer paper on the bottom when appliquéing these melons. I think that method really helped control the long, skinny pieces better than I would have been able to do with needleturn. As a result, they have a nice, uniform look to them. And freezer paper on bottom really helps make placement easier too. For the star shape, I did needleturn with freezer paper on top. Overall, a very happy little block!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I can't wait to see the finished product!! :)

    ~Mari-Ann
    www.countingcoconuts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very happy little block and another wonderful green fabric.

    ReplyDelete