Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: D-2 & E-5

Jane Stickle block D-2Block number/name: D-2 “Mouse in a Mirror”

Date completed: June 13, 2009

Number of pieces: 29

Notes on block: This is another block where I started with one fabric and changed my mind after I started cutting (hopefully, I’ll find a use for those triangles in another block!). But I like the fact that I could do a little fussy cutting with this fabric, and I think it really adds something to the look of the block. This block has also helped me determine that inset seams are no longer scary—at least, not when I am doing them by hand. This block came together smoothly and quickly. Part of the reason though can probably also be attributed to the fact that on the last few blocks, I’ve been very focused when stitching. No television to distract me. It’s just me sitting at the dining room table, working away. I think that really helps make it go faster.



Jane Stickle block E-5Block number/name: E-5 “Rising Sun”

Date completed: June 13, 2009

Number of pieces: 17

Notes on block: TWO blocks in one day. And what a fun block this one is! I really enjoyed every aspect of this block, from choosing the fabric to stitching down that circle. And I’m thrilled with how bright and vibrant it looks. This fun fabric was given to me by a friend awhile back (more than a year ago). She asked if I could use it, and I kind of skeptically said yes (it is rather scarily bright for me). And, of course, it is fabulous. Thank you so much, Angela!

7 comments:

  1. Great fussy cutting! And that fabric works very well with the second block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both! The fussy cutting on the first one is cool - it makes it look a little bit 3D to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both fantastic.

    I am trying to figure out the order on how you stitched the top one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just reading how you organize the blocks...facinating... I haven't done enough to even organize yet...good for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both blocks are wonderful! I love the fussy cutting on the first one. The bright fabric is perfect on the second block. I enjoyed making that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous blocks. Love them both but I really like the intricacy of the first block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful! I had skipped over D2 for the time being because it looked difficult, but maybe I should just go for it. And you have inspired me to do some fussy cutting! I had fun with E5, too. It was fairly easy but still impressive looking!

    ReplyDelete