Block number/name: TR-8 "Brigadoon"
Date completed: March 13, 2009
Number of pieces: 8
Notes on block: When I saw this on the That Quilt blog, I was a little worried. Anina completed her block using primarily reverse applique-- and doing that with all those narrow areas between the pieces kind of scared me since I'm not so good at dealing with bulky areas. Despite assurances that it wasn't hard, I decided to try and find an alternative approach.
First I spent a little time attempting to draft a pieced version of the block, but I quickly lost patience. So I settled on this approach: reverse applique for the center diamonds, then regular applique for the two side ones and the rounded section at the bottom. I also pieced the very tippy-top section. Overall, I think it worked out pretty well. Yay!