Monday, October 27, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: C-6

Dear Jane block C-6Block number/name: C-6 “Ashley’s Aura”

Date completed: October 26, 2008

Number of pieces: 9

Notes on block: I decided to try and piece this one. Ugh. I’m still not very good with handpiecing curves. I probably should have done appliqué, but I figured the piecing practice would be good for me. It’s not bad, but I’m not thrilled with the result. This may be a do-over at some point. Then again, it’s a big quilt with lots of blocks… so maybe it doesn’t matter too much. On the bright side, I really love this fabric with all those wonderful flowers and the variety of green hues, from teal to olive. It makes me happy just looking at it.

I’m getting super-excited for Quilt Festival in Houston. I leave on Wednesday morning for a 4 day adventure all by myself! There is definite mama-guilt (especially since I’ll be missing Halloween)(meep!). But not only do I get to take classes and see inspiring quilts, but I also get to hang out with my friend Mikki for the first time in nearly 2 years! Woo hoo! What a treat! So I guess the “woo hoo” is definitely outweighing the guilt at this point. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robine,
    hope you had a wonderful trip to Houston. I became familiar with your SPLENDID blog!!!! I'm touched...especially I like your way to introduce your DJ blocks;)))
    LOVELY;LOVELY,lovely...

    ReplyDelete