Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: G-8

Dear Jane block G-8Block number/name: G-8 “Justin’s Comet”

Date completed: June 30, 2008

Number of pieces: 16

Notes on block: Eight-pointed stars look so cool, but they are very tricky. I decided to just piece the entire star and then do all the inset squares and triangles. This worked fine up to the point when I started doing those inset seams. What was once a nice flat star became a rounded poofy star. Thank goodness for the iron!

I do love the look of this block though. I fussy cut my fabric in hopes of creating a nice kaleidoscope effect, and I think it worked pretty well. And it’s such a bright, happy green.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty and I only noticed the amazing fussy cutting now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your white edges are perfect though! Thats the part that kills me. I got it to lay flat but my edges are icky. I'm always glad to see your blocks even if they look so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete