Block number/name: G-8 “Justin’s Comet”
Date completed: June 30, 2008
Number of pieces: 16
Notes on block: Eight-pointed stars look so cool, but they are very tricky. I decided to just piece the entire star and then do all the inset squares and triangles. This worked fine up to the point when I started doing those inset seams. What was once a nice flat star became a rounded poofy star. Thank goodness for the iron!
I do love the look of this block though. I fussy cut my fabric in hopes of creating a nice kaleidoscope effect, and I think it worked pretty well. And it’s such a bright, happy green.