Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: RS-12

Jane Stickle block RS-12Block number/name: RS-12 “Linda’s Church in the Valley”

Date completed: April 6, 2009

Number of pieces: 31

Notes on block: I’m working on catching up with the blog. (Only 2 blocks behind now!) I have to say, this is not one of my favorite blocks. But its name actually makes me like it a little better, because it helped me visualize the little church steeple and the wide valleys. Before I saw that, it just appeared blocky and odd.

The worst part about the block for me was the cutting. There were a lot of pieces, only a few of which could be cut out in pairs. Since cutting is not fun for me, it felt tedious and it took a long time. I was a little worried too because the software’s version of this block had tiny little bends and angles in the pieces. I decided to just go ahead and ignore most all of them, and was very happy that everything still fit together.

4 comments:

  1. I agree this blocks design looks weird. But I do like how yours looks with that fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you hand piece these. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's is a strange block isn't it?
    congrats on being almost caught up.
    I'm actually ahead of myself now which is a little strange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, good job on this block and Monday's block.

    ReplyDelete