Friday, December 11, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: J-8

Jane Stickle block J-8Block number/name: J-8 “Anna’s Anchor”

Date completed: December 10, 2009

Number of pieces: 22

Notes on block: This was a fun block to put together. The melons on this one are a little larger than on J-9, and so seemed much easier to deal with. The block is just bright and happy!

The weather here has been below freezing the last few days. Last night my hands were so cold that I almost took a night off of stitching. I just wanted to hide them under my warm quilt. You’d think that all the stitching and having active hands and fingers would help keep them warm. But no. I put some fingerless gloves on my Christmas wish list. Hopefully, Santa is listening. :)

Speaking of Santa, last night we took a trip to the mall North Pole and paid him a visit:

the Boy and Santa, 2009
Yay!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture of your son and the big guy.
    Great block too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block sure is bright and happy! I love it. And, someone looks pretty happy about seeing Santa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the real Santa make it to your place. LOL! What a great picture.

    Block is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete