Friday, May 8, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: C-7

Jane Stickle block C-7Block number/name: C-7 “Megan’s Mountain Laurel”

Date completed: May 8, 2009

Number of pieces: 45

Notes on block: Slowly but surely… it took a few days to finish this one, a little bit each day. I was surprised at how well I was able to do on it, what with the bazillion pieces and all. This is one of those blocks that once I saw it, I knew just what fabric to use in it. That is a rare event for me! It’s funny because I was thinking about setting this fabric aside altogether because it is such a funky yellow-y green color. But I’m so glad I didn’t! I think it looks spiffy.

I noticed the name after it was all put together. My sister-in-law (who is traveling about in New Zealand at the moment-- lucky girl!) is named Megan. She called today to chat, just as I was working on this block. How cool is that? Serendipity.

7 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic. I need to do this one next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right that fabric does look good with this block:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabric. Glad you decided to use it. Your block looks wonderful.
    I have been putting off this block, so many tiny pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I'm thinking about redoing the applique on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful block and I love the fabric. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful block, love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete