Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: B-7

Dear Baby Jane block B-7Block number/name: B-7 “World Series”

Date completed: April 28, 2008

Number of pieces: 10

Notes on block: A crazy-long Boy nap (2 ½ hours!) yesterday allowed me to get this block all prepped, and I was able to complete it last night (though I stayed up way too late doing it… I didn’t manage to get to bed until after 2 am). I followed Anina’s instructions on this one, using a mix of appliqué and reverse appliqué, and am thrilled with the result. I really like this block. I think it might even be my favorite so far. I still need to figure out the whole how to appliqué pointy-points thing, but I think I am improving.

There has been some discussion on sashing on the flickr site and on the Dear Baby Jane blog. I’ve been indecisive on this issue. Though I think it would save much angst at the end from having to do all of the sashing if I do it as I go, I think I want to use one fabric for all of it, and at this point I don’t know what fabric that is going to be. Nor do I know how much of said fabric I even need. I think I’ll wait a little longer and see how I feel in a couple of months.

2 comments:

  1. This block looks wonderful-- you did a great job. Also, love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That block is stunning! I love the background fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete