Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hex-a-rama!

For the past few days, I've really been cranking out the hexagon flowers for my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.

hexagon flowers 4/4/08 - 4/8/08
I've managed to complete 12 over the last five evenings. For me, that's a lot. And it brings the total up to 92 now! But I'm just going to be kicking myself when I finally have to start pressing them. I've been pretty lazy (with all of the tiny seams, these are not fun blocks to press), and have only pressed about 15 or so of the finished blocks. So that's going to be a lot of pressing of at the end. And the end draws ever nearer!

Meanwhile, I've also been obsessing about colors for my Dear Baby Jane. I know, I know. I'm using all green. What's to obsess about? Well, there is quite a spectrum of green out there. To wit:

Dear Baby Jane greens
Even after I took this picture, I continued to find more greens in the stash and add them in. Evidently, I have a lot of green. A lot more than I realized. But, after laying them all out like this, I do actually feel better about my heretofore haphazard approach to choosing fabrics for each block. I think they all really will work together in the end. Yay!

No crafting tonight though. I really need to get some work done. And watch Top Chef. :)

1 comment: