Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: F-2

Dear Jane block F-2Block number/name: F-2 “Kaleidoscope”

Date completed: June 23, 2008

Number of pieces: 28

Notes on block: Doh! My first scorch! After pressing this one, I noticed that there’s a little yellowy discoloration on one of the points. Character marks, I guess I’ll call them. I feel pretty good about this block overall, though I suspect I’ll lose some points once I get the sashing on… but I think I’ll lose them all equally, at least.

This block was definitely a spirit soother for me. I had a bad, frustrating day. Nothing big or important—just little things adding up until all I could do was cry. After dinner, my husband made me a dessert treat, and I sat and watched television and stitched. It was just the break my overwrought brain needed.

1 comment:

  1. Its hard to explain to a non-quilter friend that sewing can help relieve stress. Many people think sewing is frustrating. But I think thats what a hobby does for you, it gives a good outlet to life sometimes. And we all have those days, let me tell you!

    ReplyDelete