Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: RS-7

Jane Stickle block RS-7Block number/name: RS-7 “Fedelia’s Hearts”

Date completed: November 16, 2009

Number of pieces: 13

Notes on block: I’ve never been a big fan of hearts. They’re just not my thing. But, I actually do like this block. Maybe it’s the fabric I chose?

This block stitched up pretty quickly. For the upper section, I cut a rectangle and then used a vinyl overlay to help me with the placement of the hearts. After all of the appliqué was completed, I trimmed it down to size and attached it to the bottom section. It worked pretty well.

4 comments:

  1. I really like that one too! The hearts are kind of subtle, which is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more beautiful blocks. Moving along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin! Wow, I am in awe of your Jane S. blocks. They're gorgeous. I expect to see this quilt finished for show and tell at retreat next year missy! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, I don't like hearts either but really enjoyed making this one :)

    ReplyDelete