Friday, November 14, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: I-3

Dear Jane block I-3Block number/name: I-3 “Family Album”

Date completed: November 14, 2008

Number of pieces: 21

Notes on block: I picked up this fabric a couple of years ago for use in a baby quilt with a vegetable garden theme. When I initially saw it, my impression was of cabbages. I knew it wasn’t a cabbage print, but I figured cut up into little pieces, the effect would be there. It wasn’t until I got home and opened the fabric up that I saw that “Yellowstone” appeared throughout the design. So, this one didn’t get used in the veggie quilt. But it seemed just right for a happy lakeside window view.

This block was a little intimidating because of the 1/4” bars throughout. I worked really carefully to keep my seams straight and to size. I suppose it would make my life a little easier to mark all my seam lines on long narrow pieces like this. But it just feels like cheating somehow (I don’t know how I get these ideas into my head… probably the same way that I decided I needed to be handpiecing all of these blocks). So I use my eyes and check every so often with the ruler.

No comments:

Post a Comment