Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: C-4... again

Dear Jane block C-4 version 2.0Block number/name: C-4 “Tic Tac Toe” (version 2.0)

Date completed: November 11, 2008

Number of pieces: 37

Notes on block: So. I've completed a do-over. And you know what? I like the first version better. Sure, the seams are straighter and more consistent on this one. And this one is actually 5” square. And it uses just 2 colors, as in the original quilt. But I really love the effect of the 3 colors in my previous version. And I kind of like that it is all catawampus. I also “previewed” each of the blocks in the quilt, and I rather prefer the look of the first one.

So there you have it. Only my second do-over in the quilt so far, and I’m not even going to use it. Of course, I can still change my mind…

No comments:

Post a Comment