Wednesday, November 26, 2008
So simple, yet...
This block exchange block really should have taken 10 minutes. I mean, not only was all the fabric provided, but it was already cut into strips. The only problem: the strips I happened to pick up weren't quite the 3" width they were supposed to be. They were actually 2 7/8". I figured it wasn't a big deal, I'd account for it as I sewed my seams. The problem: I didn't do that. And then my block was more than 3/4" too small. Gah! And many stitches were unsewn. Ugh. But then the second time around, I carefully measured each strip before and after it was sewn. And after an hour and a half, I ended up with the correctly sized 13" block.
I should have taken a nap today.