Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: C-5

Dear Jane block C-5Block number/name: C-5 “Eye of the Cyclone”

Date completed: November 4, 2008

Number of pieces: 20

Notes on block: This is a pretty block. I really love the look of the curves, and the name is so very appropriate. It has a lot of movement to it. My rendition turned out pretty well (thanks in large part to Anina’s fabulous instructions), but I wish I had thought ahead and pressed my seams open in the white sections. It would have made reverse appliquéing the white outer pieces much easier. As it is, the points are on the bulky side and not as pretty as they could be. And I reversed the colors on the pinwheel. But I don’t think that matters too much.

Wow! What an election. Though I did have more than my fill of politics over the last couple of months, for the first time ever I was actually excited to vote. Don’t get me wrong, I exercise my right to vote at every opportunity. But generally, I’ve always felt that in presidential races, my vote didn’t count (what with the electoral college actually making the “real” votes). But this year, I watched debates, listened to speeches, and really took some time to learn more about the candidates, the issues, and the election process. As a result, I felt like a more informed voter, and I really felt like my vote counted. I just think that’s pretty cool. And it’s even more awesome to see other Americans feeling the same way. Go, go democracy!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty block! I am going to attempt mine this weekend. Thanks for the tip on ironing the seams open.

    ReplyDelete